Six Points: 1) I love that the author didn't think "gritty" meant "you can't push your limits", instead applying a potentially brutal cost to it.
2) Very little wasted space in the book, making me feel like I got my money's worth and providing evocative art.
3) Random adventure generators are always a win. The Investigation templates in the GM section are also a great addition.
4) The organization is probably the weakest aspect of the book. The index helps, but I still did a lot of flipping around. Really, the core mechanics should have been segregated better.
5) Specialties are kind of a big deal, opening up character functionality above and beyond what Powers can do.
6) The powers section was a bit disappointing, even given the intended scope of the game...something as incredibly common as retractable claws should have been easier to find, in my opinion.
If you are tired of trying to push heroic superhero systems into street level action, this is going to pretty well do it...just be aware that you might break something trying to scale it back up.
For my full review, please visit http://mostunreadblogever.b-
[4 of 5 Stars!]